It’s almost that time of year—Super Bowl is upon us the first Sunday of February. In 2019, it’s February 3, 2019. Besides the usual chips, beer, soft drinks, whatever your poison may be, you GOTTA have chicken wings, right?
So, from all of us at CuroGens to all of you, here it is—the ultimate chicken wing recipe. A tasty blue cheese dressing recipe follows at the bottom:
Chicken wings with hot sauce
Serves 6-8 people
3-4 lbs wings and/or drumsticks
Grape seed or other light color oil
Salt & pepper
Sprinkle of flour
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
2/3 cup of hot sauce or sriracha
Splash of white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper
Combine all wing sauce ingredients in a pot on the stove, medium-low heat. Keep mixing until everything is dissolved and combined. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 425 with rack near top.
- Rinse wings off in cold water, pat completely dry with paper towels
- Cover a baking sheet in tin foil and put dried wings on it
- Drizzle wings with oil and a good amount of salt and pepper, toss them together, spread them out and lightly dust them with flour
- Put wings in the oven for 50-60 minutes on top rack
- Cool wings a bit, put in big bowl, pour wing sauce on top and toss them together
Blue cheese dressing for hot wings
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp red balsamic/red wine vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
In a small bowl, sit sour cream and mayonnaise. Add balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and minced garlic. Stir in blue cheese crumbles, season with salt & pepper to taste.
Store in container with tight fitting lid up to 5 days in refrigerator.